Date of Last Revision: March 1st, 2016.
At Tibb Deccan, we have put together this policy to explain how we collect and share information. This Policy applies to all of the services offered by Tibb Deccan.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website.
Information we collect and how we use it:
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as Tibb Deccan Search. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up for a Tibb Deccan Account or other Tibb Deccan service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for some personal information (such as your email address and an account password). When registering directly with the Tibb Deccan, you will be asked to set up a username that we recommend does not contain any personally identifiable information. Please be aware that if you sign in the Tibb Deccan using a third party website, e.g. Facebook, the Tibb Deccan will collect your username and general location information available via that website as part of the process. This information may be published with your public posting, and may be posted on other sites.
- Log information - When you use Tibb Deccan\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to Tibb Deccan, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links - Tibb Deccan may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Tibb Deccan may not be able to provide those services to you.
Tibb Deccan only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Tibb Deccan in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any personally identifying information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf, such as delivering newsletters. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Tibb Deccan, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties and publish to the public your stories, along with the corresponding user name and location, in general and in connection with advertising campaigns. In order to submit your story for publication, you will be asked to either manually enter your username and location to be published alongside your story, or, you may log in with a social networking site and use the username and location available via that social networking site in connection with your post. The post, username and user location may be posted to the Tibb Deccan Site and/or third party sites by way of embedded iFrame or embedded ad module.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies.
Our largest advertising partner (and the largest advertising partner across the Internet at large) is Google, and the following specifically applies to their network:
- Google\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites, and other sites on the Internet.
Please contact us at the e-mail address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 authorizes users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of third parties to whom we disclose personal information for direct marketing purposes in the last calendar year and what categories of personal information was disclosed to those third parties. To make such a request, please contact the Tibb Deccan.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Tibb Deccan employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Tibb Deccan processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Tibb Deccan services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Tibb Deccan regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Tibb Deccan\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site.
Tibb Deccan urges parties to civil litigation to resolve their discovery issues without involving Tibb Deccan. The information sought by parties to civil litigation is almost always in the possession of, and readily accessible to, a party to the litigation. Requests for account information are therefore better obtained through party discovery.
If you are or represent a party to a civil case and believe basic subscriber information is indispensable and is not within the possession of a party, you must personally serve a valid California or Federal subpoena on Tibb Deccan (please contact us for our agent for service of process address) . Out-of-state civil subpoenas must be domesticated in California. Tibb Deccan charges a mandatory, non-refundable processing fee of $250.00 per user account. Please enclose payment with your properly served subpoenas.
Tibb Deccan requires a minimum of 30 days to process a civil subpoena. Additional time may be required depending on various factors. You may request your subpoena be expedited by submitting an additional $150.00 fee with your subpoena.
Tibb Deccan is unable to produce deposition or trial witnesses on user account records. Records interpretation and/or opinions must be addressed by the parties technical expert and/or party witnesses.
We remind you that Federal law and our own policies prohibit the disclosure of user information. Specifically, the Stored Communications Act, 18 U.S.C. § 2701 et seq., prohibits Tibb Deccan from disclosing the contents of a user’s Tibb Deccan account to any non-governmental entity even pursuant to a valid subpoena or court order. The most Tibb Deccan can provide is the basic subscriber information for a particular account. If an Tibb Deccan user deletes content from their account, Tibb Deccan will not be able to provide that content. Effectively, Tibb Deccan and the applicable Tibb Deccan user have access to the same content.
Changes to this policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this web site.